Joanie and Rhiannon go to SPAIN 2015 Olé!

May 18 - Barcelona Here We Come


We left for the airport at 3am this morning, then off to SFO at 7am for our flight to Barcelona. OMG, it's really happening.

Why are we going?  Well my younger daughter Rhiannon has worked hard to earn her M.A. in English from SSU, and heck, I earned mine (Holy Names University) back in 1997 and never did anything but go to dinner, so I am referring to this as our double Master's celebration. It was Rhiannon's decision to go to Spain - I would have picked France - but seeing as she originally wanted to walk the Camino we compromised on a tour of Spain. I know we will have a great time and am now very excited, it just took me awhile to get there.


This is Rhiannon's first passport, and I had to renew mine as it has been about 8+ years since I've been out of the U.S. and it was about to expire. (Glad i checked!)

I have been reading books about Ferdinand and Isabella, also purchased a kindle version of The Tales of Alhambra, and watching dozens of youtubes on the cities we will be visiting. (And how to avoid getting pickpocketed!)

When I should have been packing, I couldn't stop painting, so here is the first page in my new journal of what I hope to be filled with Spanish inspirations!

Thank you for following along!